Rules that govern classes, Sunshine State Horse Shows will be adhering to USEF Rules. This Rule Book can be found at: https://www.usef.org/compete/resources-forms/rules-regulations/rulebook
Exhibitors recognize that FLORIDA STATUTE CHAPTER 773.01-773.05 Under Florida law, an equine activity sponsor or equine professional is not liable for an injury to, or the death of a participant in equine activities resulting from the inherent risks of equine activities.
Other Rules & Definitions:
· Negative Coggins Required * No alcohol beverages * All Dogs must be on a leash.
· All U.S.E.F Rules apply. Exception: Stallions must be shown & handled by an adult (over 18 yrs. of age).
· No whips, schooling devices, “bagging”, shakers, noisemakers or aids of any kind are permitted in halter classes. Food is o.k.
· All persons entered must wear a number and have a signed an entry form on file with show committee.
• Attire: Boots, Breeches, Pants, English Attire, Western Attire. USEF/ASTM approved head-gear required for all participants in over fences classes & Junior aged participants in any class.
· JUNIOR RIDER: 18 Years of Age and Under. Age remains same through series. 4-H Riders must be declared.
· SENIOR RIDER: 19 Years and Older
· W/T/C: Walk Trot Canter W/J/L: Walk Jog Lope. Jr.: Junior; Sr.: Senior.
· Color Breed must have visible pattern/color: i.e. Palomino, Paint, Paint, Appaloosa, Dun, Buckskin. No registration papers required.
· HIGH POINT: Divisions must be declared prior to show. Exhibitors may enter English & Western classes, but the declared division will be tabulated for High Point. Exhibitors may enter W/T & W/T/C classes, but one must be a ‘schooling’ class & not judged. Number must be turned over. High Points are based upon horse/rider combination.
· Ribbons will be awarded from 1st to 6th place.
1st = 7 points; 2nd =5 points; 3rd =4 points; 4th = 3 points; 5th = 2 points; 6th = 1 point Ties will be broken with the rider earning the highest points in an equitation class.
70% payback on total pool, must have 5 Riders, Payback breakdown: 1st-45%, 2nd- 30%, 3rd place-25% No ribbons
DAILY CHAMPIONSHIPS (Grand & Reserve):
18” Hunter: 4H, Jr 1,2,10/11,26,30,34,35 & Sr 1,3,10/11/12,27,31,36,37
2 ft. Hunter: 4H, Jr 1,2,10/11,28,30,38,39 & Sr 1,3,10/11/12,29,31,40,41
Ranch: 4H, Junior 1,4,7/8,46,58,60 & Senior 1,5,7/8/9,47,59,61
W/T English: 4H, Jr 1,2,10/11,16,21,42 & Sr 1,3,10/11/12,17,22,43
W/T/C English: 4H, Jr 1,2,10/11,19,23,44 & Sr 1,3,10/11/12,20,24,45
W/T Western: 4H, Jr 1,2,7/8,42,50,54 & Sr 1,3,7/8/9,43,51,55
W/T/C Western: 4h, Jr 1,2,7/8,44,52,56 & Sr 1,3,7/8/9,45,53,57
3 SHOW SERIES CHAMPIONSHIPS: SAME DIVISIONS AS ABOVE
SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP: Points tabulated on total earned at the 3 show series on the declared riders division. Horse/Rider combination must compete at 2 of the 3 shows in the series.